Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Inaugural Pinterest Recipe Attempt

So I learned this weekend that not all Pinterest recipes are crazy hard or complicated.  After seeing this breadless cheese steak recipe over and over and over again on Pinterest, I finally saved it and went shopping for the ingredients!  Pinterest can be the most "in" way to procrastinate on projects/ideas, I swear!

So long story short, I attempted this one this weekend for my lunches for the week.  It was easy and quick, always a plus!  I also made some changes to my version because I knew I could cut calories, mission accomplished!

I'd recommend trying it out (see the link for the original recipe and the details of cook prep/time/temp).

Well worth it, in my opinion, at 162 calories/7 carbs/4 WW PointsPlus 



Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Bell Peppers
Made some slight changes to the original that I came across via Pinterest which lightened up the recipe—dropped the butter and opted for the Sargento Ultra Thin cheese.  After tasting the final product I think it was for the best.  The only other thing I would like to change/try for the next time would be to use a Cubanelle pepper to spice it up a bit.


Calories
Carbs
Fat
Protein
Fiber
Generic - Bell Pepper Green Raw, 4 pepper
120
32
0
4
12
Ico_delete
Shallots - Raw, 3 tbsp chopped
22
5
0
1
0
Ico_delete
Garlic - Garlic (1 Clove, Raw), 2 clove (3g)
8
2
0
0
1
Ico_delete
Mushrooms - Raw, 2 cup, pieces or slices
31
5
0
4
2
Ico_delete
Boar's Head - London Port Roast Beef Deli Sliced, 8 ozs
320
8
8
56
0
Ico_delete
Sargento - Ultra Thin Slices - Provolone, 8 slices
320
3
24
21
0
Ico_delete
Oil - Olive, 4 tablespoon
477
0
54
0
0
Ico_delete






Total:
1,298
55
86
86
15
Per Serving:
162
7
11
11
2


Original recipe link:

No comments:

Post a Comment